If you are like many of Americans, you may have wondered about Fatty Liver Disease. There
are two types:
1. Non-Alcoholic (NAFLD), which is the most common.
Causes range from diabetes, high blood pressure, increased cholesterol,
increased triglycerides, obesity and some medications.
2. Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (AFLD). A root cause of this is increased intake of
New Orleans Coroner, Dr. Dwight McKenna, says the most severe form is steatohepatis (NASH)
or inflamed liver, which leads to cirrhosis.
Signs and symptoms to know about:
1. Abdominal swelling (Ascites)
2. Yellow eyes and skin (Jaundice)
3. Red palms
4. Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly)
5. Enlarged Abdominal Blood Vessels
Orleans Parish Coroner, Dr. Dwight McKenna, says if you notice any of these signs, consult a